Kleinhardt - Government Sector - Cairns
Here are some examples of case studies where Kleinhardt Business Consultants has been involved in government. For specific information or to make an appointment please contact us on (07) 4040 7100 or send an email to
. Your first meeting with us is obligation free.
Government Case Studies
- Kleinhardt's has been retained by several new information technology companies and manufacturing to produce Marketing feasibility studies, business plan and information memorandum which allowed the company to obtain funding from external investors and government COMET grant
- Kleinhardt formulated a Tourism Policy Statement for the National Government of Papua New Guinea. This was accepted by the National Executive Committee and provided a framework for future growth of tourism in the region.
- Kleinhardt was involved in the development of a Strategic Corporate Plan for the Tourism Promotion Authority of Papua New Guinea which established a pragmatic strategic plan for the development of tourism infrastructure which would render the best yield given the limited resources available.
- Kleinhardt formulated a financial and operational reconstruction plan for Air Nuigini, Papua New Guinea's national airline. This enabled its financial turnaround and return to a profitable and efficient organisation.
Kleinhardt was engaged by the Queensland Department of State Development and the Cairns Regional Economic Development Corporation to formulate industry development plans for:
- International Education providers
- The IT industry
- The Forestry industry
- Property and construction industry.
Kleinhardt established industry clusters which identified operational and cultural changes and effected strategic and business plans to increase efficiencies and build additional business.
Kleinhardt was engaged by the Queensland Department of State Development and the Cairns Regional Economic Development Corporation to facilitate formation, development and implementation of industry clusters embracing:
- Professional services
- Environment, education
- Food, and
- Transport industries
This resulted in a significant increase in export business for the clusters and provided economic benefits for the region at large.
Kleinhardt, on behalf of the Investment Promotion Authority of Papua New Guinea, undertook the Integrated Investment Profiling Program (IIPP) to develop pre-feasibility studies, business and market plans for proposed enterprises including:
- Forestry, timber processing and export
- Rubber plantations and processing operations
- Fishing and seafood processing
- Mining support facilities and services,
- Hotels & hospitality
- Coffee production and processing
- Real estate development
- Artifacts and cottage industries.
This attracted investment and employment opportunities and Kleinhardt negotiated successful outcomes with several investors.
- Kleinhardt facilitated the Department of State Development's monthly CEO Enterprise Development Groups. These groups, each comprising 15 CEOs from a diverse range of industry, provided a platform for discussion and resulted in the generation of common business, management and regional economic development interests.
- Kleinhardt was instrumental in the contract negotiation with the Hong Kong company and mainland Chinese Provincial Government for the project management, development and cultivation of an 11,000 acre banana plantation in China for export markets in Japan, Korea and Russia for an agri-business developer.
- Kleinhardt was appointed by a Queensland Government instrumentality to develop and implement a strategic plan for organisation restructure. This plan resulted in the realignment of their business planning and financial forecasting and systems in keeping with their various business units.
- Kleinhardt conducted several successful investigations and negotiations of acquisitions of regional energy distributors on behalf of a corporatised State Government Authority. The due diligence, business plans and market scans provided the successful integration of these businesses.
- Kleinhardt was selected to create a Cyclone Larry Business Recovery Plan for a Bed & Breakfast accommodation facility. Through discussions with the client, Kleinhardt was able to identify additional future business opportunities to increase the overall profitability of the operation.